Monday, September 28, 2015

hey everyone! 

Bad news..I have to keep stopping myself from saying "ya'll"  it's happening! haha I have said it maybe twice since I've been here and it just doesn't sound or feel natural but I guarantee I'll start saying it on a regular basis pretty soon. But anyway, it was a great week here in Mustang, as usual! 

Drew is such a champ! I was going to take a picture with her this week but I totally forgot. This week we taught her the Plan of Salvation and some of the doctrine of Christ and she just loves all of it. She is the definition of a "golden investigator", if I haven't said that enough :) We asked her to read Alma 7 and the next time we saw her and asked if she had read it, she's like yeah, 3 times!! Then she went on to tell us what the chapter was about. I wish someone could have taken a picture at that moment of mine and Sister Call's faces. haha We were so happy because we could tell she really had read it and understood it! Ahh,  feels so good!

We had a cool experience the other day. we went over to the Stott's (members) house for dinner. We got there and sister Stott said it wouldn't be ready for another half hour so we told her we would be back. She told us to go visit her neighbors that she had been trying to talk to. So we went and knocked on their door and they were so happy to see the Mormon missionaries and both happily accepted a Book of Mormon. They can't wait to meet with us tomorrow to learn more. :) As if that wasn't already cool, it was even cooler to be able to go back and share that little miracle with the Stotts! I really feel like we are getting the trust of the members, and they actually know who we are. It feels so good and I love them all so much already. 

We had zone conference this week and it was so great. Our Stake President came and told us his vision for the stake and it was really cool. Then of course President Walkenhorst talked to us. He is such a cool guy. He is so laid back in the sense that he wants us to figure things out for ourselves, but yet he makes you want to be the best missionary you can be. I don't know it's hard to explain but I love him, he is such a good guy. 

So it turns out, coming on a mission doesn't make you perfect. weird right? I struggle with not feeling good enough and it seems like I realize a weakness every day. I know that is partially a good thing, but we need to remember that if it starts making us feel bad about ourselves, it's from Satan. Humility is something I have noticed I really need to work on, so if anyone has any scriptures, talks or quotes or anything to share, I would love it. That is also something President focused on, was letting go of pride. Easier said than done but we can't do it without His help, hence the subject of this week's email :) 

Today we went with an investigator to the OKC Zoo. It was a good time! Apparently a popular place for us "Mormons". Tons of people were like 'Hey Sisters!' and in Oklahoma if they say that, you KNOW they are members, so it was fun. We even gave away a Book of Mormon! 

As you all already know, Womens Conference was amazing! One thing that made me realize how cool conference is out here was the closing song  'Go Forth with Faith'  because those words were hitting me so strong. It made me realize we are all part of this work, even if we haven't been 'called' on a mission. We were called to this earth to help his children return to him by helping them Come unto Christ. 

The other thing I LOVED... was Linda S. Reeves, when she said 'was that all that was required?' That was so powerful and I felt the spirit testifying that it was so true. We are going to get up there and realize He asked so little of us down here. I love all of you. and I want you to know that being able to tell you about my week is a pump up for me and testimony builder. I truly wouldn't be here without you guys, and I mean that. I cant wait for conference! Someone told me the last time they called 3 apostles was like 1906 or something. So this is a pretty big deal. So cool that we have prophets and apostles on the earth. I think we sometimes take it for granted, but it is basically like our Heavenly Father talking to us. So cool! Anyway, in case you forgot, I love every single one of you. thank you for your prayers and support. have a wonderful week! 
xo sister franklin

                                              My attempt to show you how beautiful the sunsets are!

                                                        TWO MONTHS!!! (what?!)
                                                              A picture at the zoo!
 This was at the zoo, and I had to take it for obvious reasons :) I can't believe how many butterflies I see everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment